Thursday, October 15, 2015

Social Networking Sites

Facebook
I created my  Facebook account back in 2008. I am using it more often than I used to.  I mainly use it to stay connected with friends and entertain myself with interesting videos. Facebook is a social networking site that allows you to posts statuses, post your location, and post pictures. You can privately message people or publicly post on their wall. You can also tag people in pictures and videos.

Twitter
I signed up for an twitter account just two days ago solely for the purpose of this class.  Twitter is a social networking site that is faster paced than Facebook. It enables people to send and receive messages up to 140 characters.  I feel it is harder to use because of the number of characters allowed. If you want to know trending topics from all around the world you can find hashtag and read what other people think about the topic. What I find very appealing is that you can actually communicate with celebrities.

Myspace
I had stopped using Myspace for a long period of time. My impression about Myspace is that allows users to share interests in music and creativity by uploading music and customizing your page with html coding. It is more of a blog to share stories about yourself than to connect with friends. 

Pinterest
I just found out there is a social networking site called Pinterest. By clicking here and there I kind of get an idea that Pinterest is a social networking site that allows you to pick topics you are interested in. It then generates picture icons based on your interests. You can also search things you are interested in, favorite them, and organize them into your own categories.

No comments:

Post a Comment